Vintage 1862 United States Railroad and Military Map - 24x36 Inch Vintage Map of USA Mexico West Indies - American Civil War Map Poster Wall Art - US History Map Civil War Print
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1862 United States Railroad and Military Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality.
- This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1862 United States Railroad and Military Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 24x36 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
Prolific American lithographer, mapmaker, and publisher JH Colton produced the finest maps of the nineteenth centuries, engraved on heavy steel plates and hand colored for stunning detail and quality. Colton’s maps also bear signature borders with intricate detailing and ornate patterns, which make them immediately recognizable. Colton’s career spanned six decades, and he is genuinely one of the most essential cartographers in American History, with his works being found in numerous university collections and museums.
Published in the first year of the American Civil War, this railroad and military map would have been significantly important for military strategy and campaign planning. The Civil War would rage on for another three years until the eventual surrender of Confederate forces.
This illustration shows America, Mexico, and the West-Indies, which was a far broader scope than commonly found on maps of this era. The scale of this also makes the map unique in that typically maps during this period excluded Mexico and the Caribbean as geopolitics made for rapidly shifting boundaries and borders. Colton’s illustration of nearly all of North America contains a tremendous wealth of information.
While 1862 was a tumultuous time for Americans in the North and South, the West was experiencing a gold rush and exporting trainloads of steel, timber, and beef east to support the Union forces. This time marked a nation that, while divided, still hurtled toward modernity and progress. This map immediately transports the viewer back in time and is truly an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.